30 before 30 update 2

Update 2

Today I am updating my 30 before 30 list (those things I want to do, see, accomplish, experience, enjoy before the big 3-0). I wrote about the list originally here and then updated it a first time here. So without further ado these are the latest things that I can cross off my list (the new ones are those with a quick explanation, the old ones are simply crossed out):

1. Go on another cruise.
2. Learn to cook Indian food.
3. Start a family (read: have a baby).
4. Become my own boss.
5. Visit Morocco.
6. Spend Christmas in Michigan.
7. Walk at least a part of the Camino de Santiago.
8. Drive comfortably here in Spain.
9. Go to (and enjoy) a soccer game.
10. Write a book.
11. Visit Ireland.
12. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner solo. This in fact is something I am going to finish on Friday but I am cheating and crossing it off early in the hopes that all goes well. I found an itty-bitty turkey and will cook it for Jose and his parents this week in order to celebrate my absolute favorite holiday.

We are going to eat you on Friday!
13. Keep a plant alive for more than a few months.
14. Go 6 months without buying anything new.
15. See the new Pope.
16. Learn to braid my own hair.
17. Throw a successful surprise party for someone (so that they have no idea).
18. Go to a concert.
19. Grow my blog.
20. Learn how to take a good photo.
21. Restart my Italian classes.
22. Visit Gibraltar. Jose and I spent the day exploring Gibraltar a few weeks ago. It is a really odd experience seeing as though you basically stay in Spain but are really in the UK. We had a good time on our mini-trip.

From the top of the Rock
23. Have my family here to visit.
24. Get an English teaching certificate. This in fact is something that I have been working on online and should be finished with before the holidays (that is my goal). I would like to perhaps go back to school next year to continue studying ESL/TEFL but for now this online program has helped me quite a bit with ideas for teaching English.
25. Take a Spanish wine tasting course.
26. Finish our apartment and all its little nitpicky projects.
27. See more of Turkey.
28. Create and contribute to some kind of retirement plan.
29. Be blonde.
30. Learn how to drive a scooter. Not too long ago Jose and I bought a scooter for him to drive to work and back since his job is really close to our apartment. I have to drive much farther each day (on the highway) so I take the car. However, I feel confident that I would be able to drive the scooter if I needed to (though I admittedly could use a bit more practice). Jose is kicking ass though!


So there you have it. I am slowly but surely knocking things off the list and am enjoying myself while doing it. This is a to-do list that I don't mind working on. It is nice to be able to look back and see that I am accomplishing things that I set out to do. The next thing we will probably be able to cross off will be a visit to Morocco since we are headed there for New Year's and our second wedding anniversary this year!

Comments

  1. Hi,
    A famous TV show on gastronomy invites you to lunch in a restaurant in El Rocio (Huelva) on Monday 2nd December and Tuesday 3rd of December.
    We are looking mainly for tourists and groups of friends.
    For more information and reservations (for free) please contact me via yaeldeperfil@gmail.com.
    Thank you ,
    Yaƫl
    www.agenciayaeldeperfil.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Unfortunately I work during the week and wouldn't be able to make it but it sounds like a very interesting idea!
      Allie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names