30 before 30 update

This summer and since arriving back in Spain I have been able to knock a few items off my 30 before 30 list. I wrote about it first in May here. The original list is below and I have crossed out the items I have accomplished, plus I have added photos and stories as well.

1. Go on another cruise.
2. Learn to cook Indian food.
3. Start a family (read: have a baby).
4. Become my own boss.
5. Visit Morocco.
6. Spend Christmas in Michigan.
7. Walk at least a part of the Camino de Santiago.
8. Drive comfortably here in Spain. I don´t want to toot my own horn, but I have been driving our manual car pretty well after about a week of practicing. In fact, I drove by myself for the first time and survived (without stalling at all). Boom!
9. Go to (and enjoy) a soccer game. Jose and I went to a Betis soccer game for our anniversary this spring. I had a pretty good time and wrote about the experience here. There was even photographic evidence of this event:


10. Write a book.
11. Visit Ireland.
12. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner solo.
13. Keep a plant alive for more than a few months. My dwarf orange tree is alive and well. There was a while there that I thought it looked kind of sickly but it made a comeback this summer. That means she´s been around since March. I introduced her here. I will admit that I killed off a couple of indoor plants this summer when we were gone. I figure I am breaking even.


14. Go 6 months without buying anything new.
15. See the new Pope.
16. Learn to braid my own hair.
17. Throw a successful surprise party for someone (so that they have no idea).
18. Go to a concert. My sisters, cousins and I went to the BSB concert this summer and ended up having more fun than we should have.


19. Grow my blog.
20. Learn how to take a good photo.
21. Restart my Italian classes.
22. Visit Gibraltar.
23. Have my family here to visit.
24. Get an English teaching certificate.
25. Take a Spanish wine tasting course.
26. Finish our apartment and all its little nitpicky projects. I feel like we have FINALLY finished up our apartment projects, just in time to have Jose´s co-workers over for dinner this weekend. We hung up some more photos and finally bought a headboard for our bed. Now we can relax and enjoy. It feels good! (I will write another post with the latest projects and before-and-afters soon).
27. See more of Turkey.
28. Create and contribute to some kind of retirement plan.
29. Be blonde.
30. Learn how to drive a scooter.

So far I have checked off 5 things in 5 months. I think that is pretty good progress. My next goals are numbers 30 (we are looking in to buying a second hand scooter so that I have some more independence) and 12 when Thanksgiving rolls around this year. Plus we are planning some weekend trips which will hopefully include Morocco!

Comments

  1. I watched a YouTube video to learn how to braid my hair. It was actually really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names