Baby shower

Yesterday morning I celebrated my baby shower with a small brunch. My friend Cristina helped organize it and we had it in her association's club house. Baby showers are not common here in Spain, mostly people will give gifts after the baby arrives and the big celebration tends to be the baptism. I really appreciated all of my Spanish friends who embraced this tradition and I think they enjoyed themselves along with my American friends.

The cake. It says welcome Vera and Laura

We served brunch food (like bagels, muffins, small sandwiches, juice, coffee and of course cake). It is events like this that I am thankful for Costco. Not only can you buy in bulk but they have all kinds of foods that you can't find anywhere else (like bagels). We played two games as well. One was done in small groups. I gave each group a list of names of children from TV series. They had to name the series and they got an extra point if they could remember the surname of the family. I used series from both the past and present, both Spanish and American. Another game we played required guests to decide whether phrases referred to Jose or to me. I would read the phrase out loud and they would lift up a pair of lips or a mustache according to their guess. I think everyone had fun playing the games.

Daddy or mommy game

Laura and Vera were very spoiled at this baby shower and I appreciate all the people who gave us gifts for them. We will be putting all of them to good use! Another special moment of the morning was when I got to see the videos that my friends and family back home had recorded for me with advice. I am not an especially emotional pregnant woman but I cried. Again, thank you to everyone who participated!

Here are a few more pictures from the shower:




I also wanted to share a few more pictures of our nursery. We picked up the map we had framed and it is up over the changing table (which still needs a cover). I picked up a second hand bassinet which I am hoping our girls will fit in when first born although the doctor seems to think they will be big babies. If not, into the big crib they will go. We also added a few more details and things are almost finished!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names