30 before 30 Update 5

Okay so the last time I checked in with my 30 before 30 list I had changed and updated a few things from the original list I had made. It's a bit crazy that I have been working on these goals for about a year and a half now and that I have about as long left until the big birthday. To get you all caught up here are the posts I have written thus far about my 30 before 30 journey:

The original post in May 2013
The first up-date in September 2013
The second up-date in November 2012
The third up-date in January 2014
A revision of the list in June 2014

And now without further ado, on to the latest and greatest things that I have crossed off my 30 before 30 list.

1. Go on another cruise. 
2. Learn to cook Indian food.
3. Start a family (read: have a baby). This is something we are still working on. I wrote a post in September about PCOS and how difficult things can be but we are optimistic that everything will work out for us.
4. Find a job in which I am happy with what I do, feel accomplished and appreciated. In fact, I am loving my job this year. Of course it has things that aren't perfect but so far, so good.
5. Visit Morocco.
6. Spend Christmas in Michigan.
7. Walk at least a part of the Camino de Santiago.
8. Drive comfortably here in Spain.
9. Go to (and enjoy) a soccer game.
10. Find a list of books every person should read, and read them. 
11. Visit Ireland. 
12. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner solo.  I did this last year and am planning on cooking again this year.
13. Keep a plant alive for more than a few months.
14. Save up and buy a new car. 
15. See the new Pope.
16. Grow my hair long enough to cut it and donate it in my niece's name. This is something that I did this summer when I was back in Michigan. I ended up donating to Children with Hair Loss, a WONDERFUL group that creates hair pieces for kids.


17. Throw a fabulous baby shower for one of my good friends here in Spain who recently found out she is pregnant after struggling. This is one that I accomplished recently. I had a great time planning and attending Cristina's baby shower!


18. Go to a concert.
19. Grow my blog.
20. Learn how to cook some Spanish dishes and post about them here on the blog at the request of some readers. This is another thing that slowly but surely I am doing. I posted about chipirones a la plancha recently and have a few more ideas to come.
21. Restart my Italian classes.
22. Visit Gibraltar.
23. Have my family here to visit.
24. Get an English teaching certificate.
25. Take a Spanish wine tasting course. This is something that we will do when our friends Erica and Ernie are here over the holidays. We can't wait for their visit!
26. Finish our apartment and all its little nitpicky projects
27. See more of Turkey. Here is another that we will do over our Christmas vacation. We are going to Istanbul for a few days. Yay!
28. Create saving goals and stick to them. 
29. Be blonde.
30. Learn how to drive a scooter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names