30 before 30 list REVISITED

The other day I read a really good blog post about bucket lists and how if they are really to serve the purpose of helping guide your life towards goals they should be flexible, changing over time. (Read it here). It got me thinking. I first wrote my 30 before 30 list a little over a year ago and figure it's about time to re-evaluate the things I decided I wanted to do before the big 3-0 in 2016. So far I have accomplished 12 things with a 13th in the works for next January (a trip to Turkey we have already booked). Priorities change, life throws you curve balls and some things just don't seem as important as before. That being said, I have decided to make some alterations to my original list. The things that I have completed are crossed off. Some things I have left the same, some I have explained a bit more, some will change thus eliminating others. Here goes the new and improved 30 before 30 list:

1. Go on another cruise. We are still checking into the possibilities of another cruise, with hopes of finding an inexpensive one to the Canary Islands.
2. Learn to cook Indian food.
3. Start a family (read: have a baby). Who would have thought that this would be so difficult? I would say that this is one of our highest priorities at the moment which means putting aside some of our other goals (like traveling), something I am completely okay with. Many people know but I have been diagnosed with PCOS which makes pregnancy complicated but not impossible. Wish us luck as we go through what could be a long, expensive process.
4. Become my own boss. Find a job in which I am happy with what I do, feel accomplished and appreciated. (Change number 1)
5. Visit Morocco.
6. Spend Christmas in Michigan.
7. Walk at least a part of the Camino de Santiago.
8. Drive comfortably here in Spain.
9. Go to (and enjoy) a soccer game.
10. Write a book. Find a list of books every person should read, and read them. (Change number 2)
11. Visit Ireland. This is proving much more difficult and expensive then I had originally thought. I had dreams of visiting Dublin but flights are crazy so in the future this might change to another destination.
12. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner solo.
13. Keep a plant alive for more than a few months.
14. Go 6 months without buying anything new. Save up and buy a new car. (Change number 3)
15. See the new Pope. I think this Pope is exactly what the Catholic church needed. I would still love to go to Rome again (probably my favorite city) and see him.
16. Learn to braid my own hair. Grow my hair long enough to cut it and donate it to Locks of Love in my niece's name. (Change number 4)
17. Throw a successful surprise party for someone (so that they have no idea). Throw a fabulous baby shower for one of my good friends here in Spain who recently found out she is pregnant after struggling. (Change number 5)
18. Go to a concert.
19. Grow my blog.
20. Learn how to take a good photo. Learn how to cook some Spanish dishes and post about them here on the blog at the request of some readers. (Change number 6)
21. Restart my Italian classes.
22. Visit Gibraltar.
23. Have my family here to visit.
24. Get an English teaching certificate.
25. Take a Spanish wine tasting course.
26. Finish our apartment and all its little nitpicky projects. Last weekend we FINALLY got our bedroom all wrapped up, hanging pictures and putting together a much-needed chair. There will be a post about it soon.
27. See more of Turkey. Jose and I have just recently booked a trip to Istanbul for next year so this will eventually be crossed off of my list. I am excited to see such a historical place. Plus we got a pretty good deal!
28. Create and contribute to some kind of retirement plan. Create saving goals and stick to them. (Change number 7)
29. Be blonde.
30. Learn how to drive a scooter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names