Dreaming of summer

Paradise on Earth
Recently Jose and I bought our flights back to Michigan for the summer. Ka-ching! They are always very expensive but we happened to find a few that were less than normal. We jumped on them. This, combined with the crappy weather we have been experiencing (certainly nothing compared to what has been happening this winter back in the U.S.) here in the south of Spain and I find myself dreaming about summertime. 

Last year Jose and I created a summer bucket list which we may continue the closer we get to flying out. Right now I am just getting excited for all the big events we have this year. Besides going to our weekly free-popcorn movie at the theater and laying out on the raft at the lake, we have quite a few things in the works for this summer. Mostly these events include a couple of short trips planned to do some domestic travelling. Can't wait!


Cousins!
1. PUFO: This is short for the Perelli-Ugolini family outing and it is a weekend that we spend up north at my aunt's cottage on Lake Huron with the whole family (or as many as can make it) from my mother's side. It is a tradition that has been happening for over 20 years now and is always a good time. As you can tell from the photo we end up looking a bit rough since it is basically like camping but now that there is a new generation involved it is even more fun.

2. NYC: This summer as a gift to my mom, my dad has decided to send all the girls in my family (mom, 3 sisters and I) to New York City for a weekend. I have been before with Jose and had a good time. I can only imagine being there with these women. I hope we get to go to a show since last time I did not go! We are leaving the men home to take care of my niece and are going to let our hair down for a few days. Can't wait!

3. Washington D.C.: This is a gift that my sisters and our respective spouses have given to our parents for both their birthdays and their anniversary which is this summer. ALLLLL of us are going to spend a long weekend in the country's capital. (I have never been!!). It might be complicated to coordinate but I am excited to go on a whole-family trip. It has been years since we have gone somewhere all together. We chose this place because we can drive there, my dad loves history and there will be plenty of things to do for everyone's varied interests.

An oldie but a goodie
4. Wedding: My little sister in my sorority, ex-roommate, very good friend and overall AMAZING person is getting hitched this summer and it is a wedding that Jose and I will actually be able to attend! I am very happy that the dates worked out so well and we can't wait to celebrate Dana and Kyle's big day this summer.

Besides this bigger events and happenings, I am sure that Jose and I will bounce around Michigan a bit in an attempt to see everyone. So look out, Mount Pleasant (we're coming for you)! And see you soon, Grand Rapids! Hasta pronto, Royal Oak! 

Having been through such an awful winter I am just going to go ahead and assume that this summer is going to be perfect. A girl can dream, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names