A Christmas Card from us to you 2013


Happy Holidays!

It's hard to believe that another year is wrapping up and that Christmas is right around the corner. Jose and I have had another great year and like last year we wanted to send out a digital card to everyone who we love so much! We are also going to repeat our top 10 list from 2013. See our first card here.

Here goes:
10. Moving into and making our apartment into a liveable space. It has taken us most of the year but I finally think that things are looking and feeling good here. 
9. Part 2 about our apartment is having paid cash for (or paid off) everything for our apartment except for the mortgage (including furniture, lighting fixtures, flooring, windows, paint, appliances, small bathroom renovations and our entire kitchen which started from zero). This has meant a lot of sacrificing and saving but was very important for us. We really want to be in good financial shape for what the future will bring. It has been a big accomplishment for us (especially when we made our last payment on our kitchen at the end of the summer)!
8. My new job. I left an environment which in the end just wasn't right for me and found a job that I am loving (teaching English to both children and adults). This has been an amazing change.
7. Last year I mentioned that 2012 was a fertile year. 2013 has seen the births of all those babies PLUS even more pregnancies including lots of our very close friends. We can't wait to meet all the new additions soon.
6. Though we haven't been traveling as much as we used to (see number 9 on this list) we have been able to do a few short trips this year including Gibraltar, the south of Portugal, and the sierra in Huelva while in Spain plus Cleveland and Grand Rapids when we were back in the U.S.A. this summer.
5. Spending a long visit with my family in Michigan this past summer. There is nothing better than lake life in Pure Michigan.
4. Hosting our friends and family at our new place. We have had lots of people over for dinner and for parties and I love having them in my home. We were also lucky enough to have one of my best friends and her husband spend several days with us this year. Hopefully 2014 will bring more visits!
3. My niece, Daphne. She is adorable and so fun to watch as she grows up. Each time we talk to her on a video she has something new to say or show us. It is amazing. Plus it was great staying with her and my sister and brother-in-law this summer for the HOTTEST week ever.
2. This past year has also been a time of lots of engagements and weddings. Jose and I are so excited for those who got engaged or married in 2013 even if we weren't able to be there to celebrate with everyone. We are always thinking about our friends and family during those events. Congratulations to all of you again!
1. Establishing a routine and feeling more settled this year. When I first moved to Spain I felt like I was still on vacation, I hadn't established a sense of permanence here. Over this past year I have been able to adjust my way of thinking and am much more comfortable. Being able to drive, feeling more independent, changing jobs, etc has all helped me feel better about my move to Spain. The honeymoon stage is over, now this is life.

So there you have it. Another wonderful year down. Here's to hoping that 2014 is just as fabulous for everyone! Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Felices Fiestas!

Love,

Allie, Jose and Cooper


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names