Sisters in Sevilla

It has been a while since I last updated my blog so there is a lot to write about. I am sure it will take a few posts to fit it all in. To begin with, my sister came to visit me in Sevilla for a week not too long ago. She arrived on a rainy Saturday. Unfortunately this rain was to continue during her entire visit. Now, someone (Jose) once told me that constant rain like it has been isn't normal for Sevilla in December. This is the second time I have been here around Christmas and the second time it has rained all day every day. I think someone lied to me. Even with the crappy weather, we decided to head out to an alternative (and by that I mean unattractive and smelly looking) bar that night so she could meet some of my friends. The day after my sister arrived we went to Cordoba to visit the Mezquita which is the old mosque that someone threw a giant cathedral right in the middle of. It is really impressive.
Inside the Mezquita
Visiting Cordoba
 Not to let the rain get us down, Chrissie and I did all the touristy things around Sevilla as well. In between shifts at work, we visited the Cathedral and climbed the Giralda which is 34 flights up and has amazing views of the city. We took the tour of the Plaza de Toros and learned about bullfighting.

In the bullring
We visited the Reales Alcazares which is a Moorish palace with amazing gardens. We ate tapas and saw a quick flamenco show. Chrissie met Jose's sister and parents and we went to a Chino so she could have an authentic experience.
Just one of the gems we found in the store
I think she had a good time but the week went by so fast that I kind of forgot to ask. I was sad to see her leave on Friday morning but hardly had time to breathe before packing for our trip to Germany. To hear the tale of this vacation, tune in soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names